Whenever a user is invited to join your company on Fluida, you have to assign a weekly shift to this employee.
A shift is always editable through the appropriate menu in Company > Shifts and Schedules or you can change the right user settings in Company > Users however, by doing so, the schedule will be overwritten until a new change occurs.
The same scenario applies to the assigned workplace.
So how can you change your shift or workplace for just one day, an entire week or for a certain amount of time?
Activate the feature
In order to enable this kind of requests, we must activate both features first inside the Company > General menu
N.B.: You can also choose to activate only one of them at the time.
Once enabled, these features will unlock two new justifications, both accessible via the "+" button.
Change Shift Request
A change of shift can be inserted as a normal justification by adding a new request with the following fields:
- Date: Select the start and the end of the request. A shift change may be requested for a single day, multiple weeks or even months.
- Shift: Select the shift that you wish to apply. You can choose between the ones that are available inside your company or you can request a new shift with a custom schedule.
- Notes: whenever you request a change for your shift, you must also insert a reason for your approver.
Change Workplace request
Just like the previous one, this change can be requested as a standard justification
and the following fields must be filled:
- Date: Select the start and the end of the request. A location change may be requested for a single day, multiple weeks or even months.
- Time: This change can be requested even for half of the day or a few hours.
- Notes: whenever you request a change of location, you must also insert a reason for your approver.
Edit / Delete a request and Calendar check
These changes may be modified or deleted as standard justifications. Activating this feature unlocks a weekly recap of the scheduled shifts and workplaces as well.
In order to see it, click on Workplaces in the top section of you Homepage.
Changes are cumulative, therefore, whenever you delete a change of shift / location settings will return to the previous shift/location set.
Changes can be viewed and modified, even individually, through the Calendar menu