If you have any doubt or issue regarding timestamps, try checking the following steps:
1. Forced Timestamp
If you see the screen shown above whenever you try to timestamp:
- Make sure that the Bluetooth and the GPS signal are both active on your smartphone during the recording of the timestamp (regardless of the method you are using).
- Verify that the user timestamping settings in Company > Users are appropriate with the locations and the way the user is trying to Clock-in.
- Check if the operating system installed on your smartphone is compatible with Fluida: Click here.
- Check if Fluida has all of the necessary permissions to use geolocation services on your device. You can check provided permissions within the smartphone's settings.
- Do you use a Fluida device?
Please check its configuration or try to reinstall the device.
Reference guides are available here:
If the app keeps asking you to force your timestamp even after you checked all of the previous steps, please remember that the GPS signal alone is inaccurate or inconsistent inside offices. For this reason, we suggest purchasing a Fluida device that relies on Bluetooth signal.
2. Clock-in via GPS
If you're having trouble timestamping via GPS, please check the following steps:
- The Timestamp feature must be enabled in Generals
- Both the GPS and the Bluetooth signal must be active on your smartphone
- Make sure that Fluida App has all of the required permissions to use your smartphone's location services withing your device's settings.
- Check if the GPS signal has been activated for this workplace:
If your device keeps on not getting detected properly, try the following trick:
- Make sure that Fluida is closed on your smartphone
- Open Google Maps
- Locate yourself on Maps
- Open Fluida and try to clock-in
3. Notifications and requests of approval
Why do I keep receiving requests for timestamps? How does it work?
In general: If an employee tries to clock-in with the appropriate method, depending on his settings, then his approver will not receive any request of approval for his timestamps.
Instead, if an employee tries to clock-in using a method which is different from the one that has been assigned to him, the platform will detect an inconsistency and it will send a request of approval to his manager.
Marco is a user who needs to clock-in every day with a Badge NFC:
- Inside the Company > Users menu, Marco has Timestamp inside the office = Badge NFC
- If Marco tries to timestamp with his badge, then his manager will not receive any request or notification.
- Instead, if he tries to timestamp via smartphone or via justification (desktop), then his manager will receive a notification asking for approval of this timestamp.
Fluida allows users to timestamp in three different ways:
- Timestamping with a Badge NFC:
This is the most classic method of timestamping, through a physical NFC badge which is linked to the user's profile. In order to clock-in you just need place your badge on the Fluida Station NFC reader.
- Timestamping via Smartphone:
In order to clock-in via the app, installed on your smartphone, you'll just have to press on the "Enter" / "Exit" button on your Homepage
- Manual timestamping:
Unlike the first two methods, which certify a clock-in or clock-out, automatically detecting the date, time and workplace, this timestamping method allows a user to set all the fields mentioned manually. It can be inserted as a normal justification, designed to correct mistakes and missing timestamps ("I forgot my badge at home" / "last night I forgot to clock-out").